Subject: [Leica] Ten years behind? I think not.
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu May 6 17:04:57 2004

On 5/6/04 4:32 PM, "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Great camera, Mark - Slower speed motor, and you can't hammer nails with
> it. But it will take a normal beating, it's MUCH better than the N80,
> and as Feli notes, has essential the same features, is smaller, lighter,
> and much less expensive than the F5.
>
> B. D.

Absolutely the f100 does everything an f5 can do except leave the leader out
of your film and wash your car which I am not inclined to do anyway. And is
probably used by more pros than the f5 on a 10 to 1 basis. But cost a grand.
Not my price point that day.
Part of my reason for getting the n80 was that I went from a very low tech
decade of Leica M6 and Hasselblad CM to the digital Nikon D100. A whole
world I had to learn to live in. And by learning the D100 I was also in most
ways learning the n80 which shoots film and that was where the D100 body
mainly came from.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon