Subject: [Leica] Speaking of color and BW
From: DouglasMSharp at netscape.net (Douglas M. Sharp)
Date: Fri May 7 17:48:15 2004

Personally I prefer the cloured version, probably due to the fact that
the colours are in monochromatic blocks without any disturbing patterns
in the main subject. If the girls dress had been strongly patterned and
your sons sweatshirt, say, a bright red this would IMO have distracted
away from the faces and made the BW version the better one.
Douglas

The german language has a nice way of distinguishing colour schemes
"bunt" meaning bright, brash, hectic colours (what used to be said of
the first
Fuji films) and "Farbig" showing the true colours in a decent tonal
distribution. The expressions Buntbilder and Farbbilder adequately and
easily
describe the difference.

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Speaking of color and BW)
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Speaking of color and BW)