Subject: [Leica] Thoughts on the Leica D2 and computer magazines
From: abridge at dcn.org (Adam Bridge)
Date: Sat May 8 16:31:07 2004

On Saturday, May 8, 2004 Ted Grant thoughtfully wrote:

>I know some folks will cringe at me admitting I'm shooting everything on
>auto, but what the heck the system works so well I can't imagine screwing
>around doing everything manual when the camera produces what it does with
>less effort. Not to mention with such a good quality images.

Well "blown away" because it means there's an auto-exposure system that is so up
to its task that you use it virtually all the time! I can't imagine a better
recommendation, Ted.

I mean, isn't great design one that just WORKS without thinking about it?
Trouble is, we seldom get great design these days. Complexity is substituted
because great design takes lots and lots of work, understanding of the problem,
and insight. These are rare.

Thanks for your response.

Adam