Subject: [Leica] Black and White v. Color redux
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Sun May 9 06:11:35 2004

Today's New York Times Magazine contains a portfolio of eight
Kodachromes from the FSA archives, mostly by Jack Delano and Russell Lee
- If ever a group of photos proved the Ted Grant dictum, this is it.
While one Russell Lee and one Delano are quite striking as color photos,
none have anywhere near the power they would have in black and white.
Instead, they simply look like photos of clothing and settings, or shots
from family albums.

B. D.