Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 18: Feria de Abril
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun May 9 09:05:51 2004

Nathan Wajsman said:
Subject: Re: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 18: Feria de Abril

> Thanks, Sonny! You are right, I am telling a story and that dictated the
> sequence of images. My own favorite is the first alternate, with the
> woman dancing.
>
> This is a dillema I often face when posting several images of the same
> event: do I put the best one as the main, or do I put them in some sort
> of logical order? Most of the time, I go for the former.<<<<<<

Hi Nathan,
>From the olden days of shooting for magazines we always used the best photo
as the lead for the story, quite often it was the cover photo also. Besides,
you can hardly go wrong as you want your best photo up front in any case.

Usually when we see a good spread in a magazine the best photo is the
"really big one" and that's what grabs your eye to look for more.

It's just as you do regularly, but all yours are "the best." ;-) Makes for a
tough call to select the big one. :-)
ted.

Message from n.wajsman at chello.nl (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Nathan's PAW 18: Feria de Abril)