Subject: [Leica] Did a Single Photograph or Two Stop the War In Viet Nam?
From: buzz.hausner at verizon.net (Buzz Hausner)
Date: Mon May 10 16:44:27 2004

I gasp in disbelief that Marc Small should only be partly correct in his
analysis.  What really brought American opinion to view the War in Viet
Nam with revulsion was not the action of the students...indeed, I was an
active protester...it was our mothers who finally stood up and said (in
essence), "Hell, No!  Not with my boy you don't"  It wasn't photographs
of terrified, naked children, nor of Vietnamese executioners that caused
our mothers' to wonder for what their sons died, it was the broadcast
news film and tape of Americans fighting in the jungles, Americans
screaming in pain, and Americans coming home dead.

	Buzz Hausner