Subject: [Leica] everybody slow down a little
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue May 11 22:25:25 2004

On 5/11/04 10:57 AM, "Douglas M. Sharp" <DouglasMSharp@netscape.net> wrote:

> spring

"Spring Can Really Hang You Up The Most"
lyrics by Frances Landesman, music by Thomas J. Wolf

Spring this year has got me feeling like a horse that never left the post
I lie in my room, staring up at the ceiling
Say, spring can really hang you up the most

College boys are writing sonnets, in the tender passion they're engrossed
I'm sitting right here on the shelf, just like last year's Easter bonnets
Say, spring can really hang you up the most

All winter long the birds twitter twit
Well I know the song: "This is love, this is it!"
I've heard it before, and now I know the score
I have decided: springtime is a bore

Love seemed sure around the new year
Now it's April, love is just a ghost
Spring arrived on time
Tell me, what became of you, dear
Spring can really hang you up the most
Spring can really hang you up the most

Doctors wise prescribe a tonic
Sulfur and molasses, what's the dose?
It didn't help a bit, my condition must be chronic
Spring can really hang you up the most

I'm all alone, the party is over
Old Man Winter was a gracious host
But if you keep on praying