Subject: [Leica] Best known photo ?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed May 12 11:52:17 2004

On 5/12/04 11:44 AM, "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Yes. Or, more correctly, simply surrealist. Which is what HCB was. He
> was NOT, and did not consider himself, a photojournalist, despite the
> fact that he did some great photojournalism. But as far better educated
> commentators than I have pointed out, some of his most iconic,
> no-journalistic images, emerged from his some of his magazine
> assignments.
>
> B. D.
Well his stuff does not look too much to me like Salvador Dali (no melting
clocks) but as I look into it I see my ignorance. There was a big surrealist
"movement" in photography I imagine they used the term differently then the
painters did.
Man Ray and Lee Miller I saw are grouped in that school among others.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon

New-improved