Subject: [Leica] Best known photo ?
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Wed May 12 13:04:28 2004

NOT TRUE.

IF it was faked - and based on the present evidence, I believe it was
real - but IF it was fake, then he indeed disguised it as something - he
disguised it as a photograph of a soldier who had just been shot, dying
in combat. Period.

Capa was on assignment, to shoot the war in Spain. And that is what he
shot. He was not just taking "pictures" - he was a journalist with a
camera. And thus to submit a faked photo is to submit a lie.

What is so complicated about that?