Subject: [Leica] Best known photo ?
From: timatherton at theedge.ca (Tim Atherton)
Date: Wed May 12 14:03:47 2004

> IF it was faked - and based on the present evidence, I believe it was
> real - but IF it was fake, then he indeed disguised it as something - he
> disguised it as a photograph of a soldier who had just been shot, dying
> in combat. Period.

interesting parallel discussion on another (photojournalist) list with this
about the HCB/Puddle shot:

> So did Cartier Bresson.  You need to see the contact sheets.
> I've seen a contact sheet of a famous Cartier Bresson shot.
> A man jumping over a puddle, which would seem to be a good example
> of the 'decisive' moment but in fact the contact sheet shows
> 36 attempts at the shot with the subject jumping over, repeatedly
> until the the shot was in the bag.

whatcha think?

(the poster assures me he saw the contact sheet...

tim

Replies: Reply from ahgraves at prodigy.net (Allen Graves) ([Leica] Best known photo ?)
Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Best known photo ?)