Subject: [Leica] Sharp lenses, who cares?
From: leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams)
Date: Fri May 14 05:23:41 2004

Daniel,

I tried the 24-85 AF-S also. Found out easily you get what you pay for.
Crap. One of the worst Nikon zooms, next to the 24-120. Looked terrible with
the F100, okay with the D100 only due to Nikon Capture sharpening. But the
prime Nikon lenses like the 35-70/2.8, 17-35/2.8, and 28-70/2.8 are fine
performers. Favorite Nikon lens is the 85/1.8.

Take my '70s 35 & 50 Summicrons any day over other lenses. I'll just have to
move forward, move backwards for zooming.

Chris