Subject: [Leica] Re: PsAW
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Sun May 16 07:56:15 2004

Actually, I hate the razor-thin dof with the noctilux, find it
unrealistic and distracting - particularly in daylight situations it
creates an images that looks as though it's constructed by layering
paper cutouts. I'm absolutely convinced that if the noct somehow had
reasonably depth of field at f 1 - say2-3-4-6 inches, people who had
paid whatever for the lens would rave out about...The non-existant dof
is, to my way of viewing, a real  draw-back, particularly as there is
absolutely no real-world situation, other than perhaps threading a
needle, where that's what the human eye perceives..so I'm reasonably
happy with f 2 - at smaller aps there is just too damn much dof...