Subject: [Leica] Keeping my darkroom
From: dnygr at cshore.com (Douglas Nygren)
Date: Sun May 16 13:52:00 2004

Call me old-fashioned, call me stubborn, call me out of date, but don't
call me out of my darkroom. I use digital, but prefer the darkroom.
Why? I like the solitude, I like the work. Digital is fine. I use it,
but I don't like the eyestrain. I like working with my hands in the
darkroom. I'm sure many of you will say you enjoy the computer, working
with the mouse.  You enjoy being away from the chemicals. That's fine.
I enjoy emailing digital photos to friends in Europe and the U.S., but
I still love the darkroom. I enjoy the instant gratification of my
digital camera, but I love the process of developing my film and
printing my photos. I like the process. And while I enjoy getting my
digital photos quickly, I keep asking myself whether my digital photo
equipment will go the way of my 1983 IBM computer, whose discs are no
longer compatible with today's computers. Meanwhile, I enjoy the
darkroom too much to give it up.

Doug Nygren