Subject: [Leica] sorta OT: buying external scsi harddrive online
From: aaron.sandler at duke.edu (Aaron Sandler)
Date: Mon May 17 11:00:36 2004

At 11:49 AM 5/15/2004, Eric asked:
>What's the online equivalent of B&H for computer equipment?

A couple of months ago I built myself a computer for digital darkroom work,
so I looked into the same thing and found:

www.newegg.com

For computer hobbyists, it has the reputation that B&H has for most of us
here: cheap, good selection, reliable, and efficient; but _not_ the place
to call and chat and ask for lots of advice.  That said, once I figured out
the specs I was looking for, I found it very helpful to read their feedback
and reviews from other customers in selecting things like which brand of
hard drive to get.