Subject: [Leica] The death of quality and support. Was: HELP WITH M6 TTL
From: firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Mon May 17 14:50:25 2004

On Tuesday, May 18, 2004, at 06:14 Australia/Melbourne, Adam Bridge
wrote:

> On 5/17/04 <tedgrant@shaw.ca (Ted Grant)> thoughtfully wrote:
>

>> Certainly that would have been the way it was before the internet,
>> problem
>> solved and surprise of surpises ... "you fixed the problem all by
>> yourself."
>> Now for heaven sake people have to ask the internet world about every
>> conceivable situation. Doesn't anyone think for themselves anymore?
>>

> Ted and I have had a brief interchange off-line. As I read both his
> original
> posting (abstracted above) and his note to me I realized what he's
> really
> responding to - and it resonates: no one gives quality support any
> more, you
> don't even remember what it's like, so you have to go to some
> community of
> people who know in order to find out answers.

Certainly true of PANASONIC and their high end DVR recorders: broke
down in less than 3 months, took over 4 weeks to repair :-(

Alastair

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] The death of quality and support. Was: HELP WITH M6 TTL)