Subject: [Leica] HELP WITH M6 TTL
From: dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory)
Date: Tue May 18 07:25:39 2004

Paul,
I think some of the issue with your question is that we want our local
dealer to both match the price of some operation someplace else with no
support and maybe no stock and deliver service: keep enough stock on
hand that they can blithely hand you a new camera and take back the old
camera and then deal with the manufacturer.  We expect the dealer to sit
on $2000 of defective merchandise for 60-90 days while it is shipped
back to the manufacturer and hopefully credited back to the account.  I
say hopefully as the manufacturer has the right to not accept the item
back if it is missing anything from the box: anything includes a twist
tie.  The manufacturer rightfully expects problems to be handled in the
warranty morass; we as consumers expect that an item that fails in a
short period of time to be replaced.

Life just doesn't work that way.  We as consumers either buy into paying
for service, or, we self insure and deal with the consequences of that
decision.

This list is great for answers such as you received on the rewind issue.

0.02

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com