Subject: [Leica] are you horizontal, vertical, or mixed?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue May 18 17:01:03 2004

I think they should make a Robot format Leica. 24x24mm. I guess they did
once the "post office" version which you can now pick up at Costco
Collectors Division for 20,000 USD.

You'd get 72 shots on the roll.
You'd not have to cover the shot in vertical as well as horizontal; just
crop the heck out of them later any which way you want. Film is better than
it was in 1933. Much can be made from minimal acreage.
You'd eradicate that distracting twisting motions the Hasselblad users don?t
have to make. Or TLR Rolleiflex users for other instance.
So you'd be able to use a waist level finder with more intelligence.
And blend in a whole lot more.
Your shots would be square; squares have a natural center.
Square are nice.
I think they are an "antiformat" like a circle
    which can be composed in much easier.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon