Subject: [Leica] Lee friedlander loves me!!!
From: KCassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Wed May 19 10:49:43 2004

Okay, maybe not, but it was a success ....

http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/temp/2004/lee-friedlander.jpg

I carted around a leica (no film in it of course) for graduation this week.
Was pleased to see lee friedlander brought a hexxar with him and ran around
shooting graduation himself. Before the procession was about to go into the
stadium, they paused for about 15 minutes and everybody was milling about.
Friedlander was chatting with Dr. Jaroslav Pelikan who I happened to have
photographed for a magazine a year or so ago and who I've been friendly with
ever since. Pelikan came over to me and said: "Everybody's so excited that
Bono is here, nobody's paying attention to my friend Lee Friedlander." and I
said "You're friends with Lee Friedlander?" and he said "Why yes, we went to
school together, I'll introduce you." So I got to have a happy chat with Mr.
Friedlander about books and models, families, photography, portraits, and
the hours of Photovilla ("I've been plenty of times, but it never seems to
be open!"). He mentioned how great he thought the CV lenses were. He had the
21 with him. It was swell and I didn't say anything stupid enough to make
myself memorable!

http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/temp/2004/pelikan-friedlander.jpg

Kc

P.s. he was using both black and clear tape on his camera. That must be the
pro-method.

Replies: Reply from abridge at dcn.org (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] Lee friedlander loves me!!!)
Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Lee friedlander loves me!!!)