Subject: [Leica] First it was 50 first, now it could be what 50
From: grduprey at rockwellcollins.com (grduprey@rockwellcollins.com)
Date: Thu May 20 11:42:25 2004

Bob

We were at our favorite Mexican Restaurant here in Cedar Rapids last night
(Yeah, I know there is no REALLY good Mexican places here, but this one is
passable).  The wife and Kat were discussing the upcoming last few weeks of
the school year and the short time before Kat goes back home to Germany.  I
was snapping away with the 50 Summicron getting them on film across the
table.  No problem with this lens at this distance.

We were also talking about our next trip to Chicago, over the weekend of
the 5th of June.  There is a Leica day at Central (?) Camera on the 5th,
any Chicago area LUG members going to be there?

Gene

|---------+-------------------------------------------------------->
|         |           "Robert Palmieri" <rpalmier@depaul.edu>      |
|         |           Sent by:                                     |
|         |           lug-bounces+grduprey=rockwellcollins.com@leic|
|         |           a-users.org                                  |
|         |                                                        |
|         |                                                        |
|         |           05/20/2004 01:27 PM                          |
|         |           Please respond to Leica Users Group          |
|         |                                                        |
|---------+-------------------------------------------------------->
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                         |
  |       To:       <lug@leica-users.org>                                                   |
  |       cc:                                                                               |
  |       Subject:  [Leica] First it was 50 first, now it could be what 50                  |

Folks -

This collapsible 50 with the 21 CV in the bag "just in case" has really
become my overwhelming favorite for everyday use.  However, I must say
that the close focussing limit of 1 meter on some of the 50's can get
frustrating when you're sitting across from people at dinner and they do
something snapworthy... especially when you're bracing your elbows on
the table for slow-speed support.

Bob Palmieri