Subject: [Leica] More than One M
From: jfmatlo at attglobal.net (Jack F. Matlock)
Date: Thu May 20 18:54:27 2004

Richard F. Man <richard-lists@imagecraft.com> wrote:

OK, for the few remaining LUGers that are actually still using the M
>> cameras :-), how many use more than 1 Ms consistently? If so, is it because
>> you want to have more than 1 lens handy, or more than 1 type of film handy,
>> or just generally want a backup?

I usually take at least two, sometimes three.  There are various reasons.  Sometimes I want Kodachrome in one and negative film in another.  Sometimes I need a body for infra-red, which can only be loaded and unloaded in the dark (and I don't usually carry a changing bag with me).  Sometimes I want the .85 for better focussing with a 90mm or 135mm.  Sometimes I just don't want to be changing lenses all the time.

But there are times that I'll have a couple of Rs and one M.  Depends on what I am shooting.

Replies: Reply from jonathan at openhealth.org (Jonathan Borden) ([Leica] More than One M)