Subject: [Leica] My Black Paint is Better than Yours
From: jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier)
Date: Thu May 20 18:54:40 2004

An interesting discussion might be on just what an "original" BP camera
is. Is it possible to authenticate for sure? When does it not become
original? Complete repaint obviously but what if a single part is
replaced? If HCB customizes his BP camera it goes up in value. If I
customize mine (theoretical as I do not have or want one) it goes down
in value.

One persons opinion is just that. I have seen some weird "original"
cameras that experts would not be willing to authenticate but that does
not make them fakes. Most of this stuff is smoke and mirrors.

John Collier

Replies: Reply from feli at creocollective.com (Feli di Giorgio) ([Leica] My Black Paint is Better than Yours)