Subject: [Leica] First it was 50 first, now it could be what 50
From: jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier)
Date: Fri May 21 06:23:16 2004

The following lenses require a piece of 3/8" or 9.5 mm tape around the
barrel to prevent the lens from going to far into the body of a CL or
M5:

50/3.5
50/2.8
50/2 Summar, Summitar and Summicron
90/4

The collapsible Hektor requires a piece of tape 1/2" or 12.7 mm thick

All the deep rear optical unit lenses (21/4, 21/3.4 and first version
of the 28/2.8) below serial number 2314921 need to have one of the
bayonet ears modified to prevent the meter cell arm from being deployed
and broken.

I have also heard that the earlier body caps with square edges to the
mounting ears can cause problems with an M5/CL. I have not been able to
confirm this. Anyone know for sure?

John Collier