Subject: [Leica] re: M5 meter arm
From: jjd at pobox.com (James J Dempsey)
Date: Fri May 21 07:49:10 2004

Rich <photovilla@aol.com> writes:
> The M5 meter arm is similar to the CL/CLE, but not exactly the same.
>
> It will only come up when a lens is on the camera.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't think the CLE had a meter arm at all.
>From my memory, the CLE used light bouncing off the shutter curtain to
determine exposure.  The shutter curtain had a funny speckled pattern
imprinted on it that would cause the read exposure to be a center weighted
average of the scene.

My Leitz-Minolta CL's meter arm has never had any problems (knock on wood!)

                       --Jim Dempsey--
                         jjd@jjd.com
                       http://jjd.com/

Replies: Reply from jls at runbox.com (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] re: M5 meter arm)