Subject: [Leica] re: M5 meter arm
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Fri May 21 09:56:41 2004

It uses a very different meter. The CL had the little flag, the CLE uses a
sensor looking at the film gate, and meters before and during exposure.   BIG
problem with the CLE is that the meter is inoperative in manual mode.
Otherwise it is a wonderful camera. The CLE uses the same meter as a certain  Minolta
SLR, and the parts can be interchanged.
--
Regards,
---