Subject: [Leica] observations about the "More than 1 Ms" thread
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Sat May 22 07:02:47 2004

At 3:59 AM -0700 5/21/04, Richard F. Man wrote:

>Of the people that mentioned which Ms they carry, I believe only two
>mix M7 with other Ms. This could just be that M6/M4/M3 sold
>outnumber the M7 by many many factors, or it could be that like Ted
>suggested last year, it is just much easier to go with all Ms that
>work "similarly."
>
>No one has mentioned using a Tri-Elmar for the situations where
>multiple lens choice is important. Probably different people have
>different reasons, but I suspect the size and slow speed are
>turn-off for some people.
>
>Thanks for answering. Late last year I bought a used M6TTL and
>Noctilux to complement the M7. I sold the M6 a few months ago since
>I can use the cash more than I can use the camera then. Yesterday I
>just sold my Noctilux mainly because with the type of low light
>photos I do (costumers in horrible hotel lighting), a small amount
>of fill flash work better most of the time, and I still have my
>35/1.4ASPH. I am somewhat itching to get another M7 since in the
>costuming shoots, a mix of 35 and 75/90 work very well. Then again,
>may be I should wait a couple months to get the Epsonina R-D1.
>
>// richard (This email is for mailing lists. To reach me directly,
>please use richard@imagecraft.com)

I often use an M7 with other M's, but mostly I use my one M7 with a
Hexar RF, and the Hexar often has a Tri-Elmar on it. The M7 would
have a 21 or shorter lens on it or 75 and longer. An M6 would come
along with a 35/1.4 on it. The setup for the recent trip was the
above, with the M7 and Hexar with 100 speed film, and the M6 with 400
speed film (transparency) and then the Xpan stuff with negative film.

Near home I use various combinations, but usually at least two
cameras, almost always with the same film. If a third or fourth etc
camera are brought, they would generally have different film.

--
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design