Subject: [Leica] Susan Sontag on Iraq Photos
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Mon May 24 17:25:35 2004

At 12:11 PM 5/24/2004 -0400, you wrote:
>Cover story in yesterday's NYT Magazine entitled The Photographs Are Us.
>It is much more a piece about the U.S., Iraq and torture than about
>photography, but she makes some interesting observations about the
>photos. Similarly, Sarah Boxer had a Times column yesterday on the same
>subject.

I kept hoping that the photos would be revealed to be hoaxes like the ones
of the British soldiers.  I guess I have too much faith in the ultimate
humanity of most people to believe that such things actually happen.  We
need to know about it when it happens but I am so tired of hearing of
nothing but how horrible we all are.  It's time for me to go to Honduras
with a medical brigade and renew my faith in humanity.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Susan Sontag on Iraq Photos)