Subject: [Leica] Making sure the decisive moment happens
From: KCassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Tue May 25 11:23:27 2004

With recent talk of staging, I thought it might be nice to let you poke
around in my head and see how an image is made. Long ago I realized that I'd
never be a good enough nor a dedicated enough photographer to go out and
capture things "in the wild" and that my own thoughts were bizarre enough
that I was happy to entertain myself with fabricating images. A few years
ago I realized that I was a "fraudumentary" photographer. In any event, some
of you may recall my photo of a month or so ago of pinup model Victoria Blue
running down a hallway. I had a basic idea of what I wanted when she arrived
it just took 150 times for the decisive moment on film to match the decisive
moment I had seen in my head. In any event, here's about 100 of those
images, one right after the other. When I saw the last image I said "that's
it! We're done". And we were.

http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/pix/2004/victoria-blue/

(these are thumbnails only, they don't link to larger images.)

Keep pushing that shutter button, it'll come unstuck.

Kyle

Replies: Reply from ericm at pobox.com (Eric) ([Leica] Re: Making sure the decisive moment happens)
Reply from banacloj at mac.com (Juan Gea-Banacloche) ([Leica] Making sure the decisive moment happens)
Reply from pete.su at gmail.com (Pete Su) ([Leica] Making sure the decisive moment happens)