Subject: [Leica] Epson digital, or what?
From: fmaturana at euskalnet.net (Felix Maturana)
Date: Tue May 25 13:15:22 2004

>In a vain attempt to keep this on-topic, let me also mention that I have
also used my 35, 50 and 135 R-lenses on the Digi-Rebel with an adapter with
ok results.  >In low-light situations, focussing is more difficult than on
an R4 or R5 body.  When comparing the real-world results on the Digi-Rebel
of a Canon 50/1.4, a 50 >Summicron-R w/adapter, a 50/1.4 Nikon w/adapter and
a 50/1.4 Pentax screwmount w/adapter, I have to say that I get the best
results from the Canon lens >BECAUSE, I can have the camera help with
focussing in low light and BECAUSE the more sophisticated metering patterns
are available.  Also there are slight >differences in color-cast, but these
can be easily made to agree with one another in PS.  Although I bought the
Digi-Rebel so that I could use my R lenses on it, I >find that I reach for
the Canon glass more often than not. sigh.  You go with what works.

I think so! After buying the adaptor for using other lenses in my EOS 1Ds
I'm finally using the L zooms from Canon and the differences with other
lenses don't justify, always in my opinion, the lack of comfort and the
accuracy in focusing and metering not to speak of darkening of the finder
due to the necessity of stop down working method. Owning a considerable
ammount of lenses I do  not find, in true life, the L Canon as worse option,
although I understand that one must use the lenses that are at home.

Regards

Felix