Subject: [Leica] Bull
From: buzz.hausner at verizon.net (Buzz Hausner)
Date: Wed May 26 04:42:22 2004

Again, Tim, I just do not see any of this as a problem.  I am familiar
with most of Henri-Cartier Bresson's writings and the writing about him,
and nowhere do I recall anyone citing this image as "the "ultimate"
decisive moment photograph, caught by the master photographer..."  Maybe
some people WANT it to be that, but your analysis is completely beside
the point.  Regardless of HOW it was taken, "Behind the Gare
Saint-Lazar" is a magnificent photograph; You should stop trying to lard
additional values onto the picture, even if you are disappointed by the
Master's technique.  The mythology and mystique of this photograph
reside entirely within the eyes of beholders.

	Buzz Hausner