Subject: [Leica] re: older or newer Summitar
From: aaron.sandler at duke.edu (Aaron Sandler)
Date: Wed May 26 07:28:20 2004

My later Summitar (the one that started this whole mess) has # 754xxx, with
many flat aperture blades (looks like 10) making a very round hole.  The
quality of the bokeh sometimes seems very nice, sometimes less so.  Of
course, I don't generally take notes or do tests, so it may be that some
apertures look nicer than others.

I suppose it might be worth me taking notes for a couple of rolls to figure
out what apertures produce the nicer bokeh.   Has anyone else done such
tests on their Summitar?

-Aaron

Message from claude.hayward at btinternet.com (Claude Hayward) ([Leica] re: older or newer Summitar)