Subject: [Leica] Leica newbie inquiry
From: k at mail.net (k@mail.net)
Date: Wed May 26 07:41:27 2004

Greetings,

Being the technology enthusiast I am, my photography experience has primarily
revolved around exceptionally uninteresting digital p&s camera shots.  Only
within the last 3 months have I delved in and become enamored with film
photography.  Subject matter of my experimentations have rotated between
urban landscape, architectural, and the occasional street photography.

Due to my lazy^H^H^H^Hminimalistic preferences for toting equipment, most of
my shots are handheld with either an R4 or R6, using natural and available light.
Low light conditions have naturally produced utter crap as I am having an
extremely difficult time with the mirror reflex.

So before I continue to spend my hard earned bread purchasing more R lenses,
I was wondering if anyone could enlighten me of the inherent advantages and
disadvantages of specifically Leica rangefinders VS Leica SLR cameras.

Also,

1. How is accuracy and precision achieved with framing the subject?
2. Especially with macro photography?

Thanks,
kevin

Replies: Reply from frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE) ([Leica] Leica newbie inquiry)