Subject: [Leica] New Leica and Contax Goodies
From: DouglasMSharp at netscape.net (Douglas M. Sharp)
Date: Wed May 26 16:08:46 2004

Hello all, things in Hannover are getting interesting.

It looks like Leica are getting their act together, Contax too.
The following are quotes from a mail from my friendly neighbourhood
Leica dealer. They're having their annual "meet the manufacturers" do
at the beginning of June here in Hannover.
I quote :

"Von CONTAX erhielten wir eine komplette Demo-Vollchip-SLR-
Digitalkameraausr?stung zum Mini-Preis (mit Zeiss-Objektiven)."

 From Contax we received a complete prototype full chip Digital SLR
Camera (System ?, Set?) at a "mini price" (with Zeiss lenses).
"Kameraausr?stung" and plural Objektiven" sounds as is if Contax is
trying to give Epsina a run for their money.

"Wenn wir Gl?ck haben, wird LEICA erstmalig auf unserer Messe
eine funktionierende Digital-R?ckwand f?r R8/R9 zeigen; man
arbeitet noch "fieberhaft" auf unseren Termin 4. und 5. Juni hin."

If we're in luck Leica will be showing a fully functioning R8/R9
digital back for the first time at our meeting, they are working at
"fever pitch" to get it ready in time
for us on the 4th and 5th of June.

Douglas

Replies: Reply from dcm at pobox.com (David Mason) ([Leica] New Leica and Contax Goodies)