Subject: [Leica] new 50/1.4 M lens
From: lowiemanuel at yahoo.ca (Emanuel Lowi)
Date: Wed May 26 18:22:54 2004

It will be available long before the next Photokina --
look for it at dealers (even those who hate me) very
very soon.

I understand that the MAP is indeed US$2495.

The claims for this lens re: optical performance sound
quite special and I very much appreciate the
mechanical features like the locking built-on shade
and the ribbed/tabbed focus ring. The floating element
design is a great thing for close focus performance,
one of the shortcomings of earlier fast Leica normals.

In total, I'd say this is the 50mm many of us have
been wanting for a very long time. It will give the
Noctiluxes tough competition for all kinds of reasons.

I'm delighted.

Emanuel Lowi
Montreal

Replies: Reply from feli at creocollective.com (Feli di Giorgio) ([Leica] new 50/1.4 M lens)