Subject: [Leica] That There Fancy 50
From: rclark01 at comcast.net (Robert Clark)
Date: Thu May 27 07:45:50 2004

I have the current 50mm Summilux and for me, it works delightfully
well.  I like the fast aperature, the built in lens hood, and how well
it focuses.  It also produces some excellent images so I don't think
I'll be springing for the new 50mm ASPH either.  On the other hand, last
Tuesday I bought a Nikon D70 with the 18-70 lens and I have to say, it's
a fascinating piece of equipment.  I love how it operates, the quality
of the images, and yes, the quick instant gratification of the image.
It's amazing to think that a 256MB card can hold 230 1.2MB images.  Will
this affect my Leica usage?  I'm sure it will but by no means will I be
disposing of my beloved M6 and the accompanying four lenses that I have
grown to love and enjoy.  With my new Apple IMac G4, the Nikon D70, and
a soon arriving printer, I'm thinking more and more of my work will be
digital.  Next step is to get the negative/film scanner!

Robert Clark
Lancaster, PA