Subject: [Leica] Transparency film for available darkness
From: DrLarryIPresume at aol.com (DrLarryIPresume@aol.com)
Date: Thu May 27 08:28:13 2004

Sorry to say, but this is where new technology may have some answers...   I
shoot basketball games (high school/college), and the light is always a lot
worse than it appears- I have always shot black and white and pushed my film to
around e.i. 1000 to get 1/125th sec. at f/2.  But I recently started playing
around with a high end digital camera (which shall go nameless)...  for the
first time, I shot color at a game, by tuining up the speed to 1600, and the
quality was fine!  And being albe to review shots at time outs and discarding the
bad ones as you go is great! The real problem would be, if you NEED slides, you
would have to get a digital projector, and those are still very pricey. But
it is SO great being able to change the film speed at will, no
great. Larry

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Transparency film for available darkness)
Reply from banacloj at mac.com (Juan Gea-Banacloche) ([Leica] Transparency film for available darkness)
Reply from durling at cox.net (Mike Durling) ([Leica] Transparency film for available darkness)