Subject: [Leica] new 50/1.4 M lens
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu May 27 20:50:35 2004

On 5/27/04 3:01 PM, "Wade Heninger" <lists@heninger.org> wrote:

> Sonny got a new 50?  Cool. I got a new 6!
>
> M6 that is.
>
> http://heninger.org/_public/leica.jpg
>
> Another find at KEH.  That, my friends, is a bargain level camera with a
> scuffed up area near the viewfinder.

I tell people to budget high for the glass. Low for the camera.
Expensive cameras with cheap glass I don't have words for.
Sorry to pee on your parade.
But we WERE talking glass. And quality glass at that.

I say spend most of your money on the BEST tripod.
A whole lot of it on the BEST glass.

And what ever's left on the camera which keeps the film nice and dark and
ATTACHES that primo glass to that primo tripod.

Your mileage may vary.
Especially if you've eschewed tripods.
:)

Mark Rabiner