Subject: [Leica] FS: Noctilux
From: jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier)
Date: Fri May 28 11:17:35 2004

Crazy, yes but it is not funny!

:-)

I tried out the current Summilux at the LHSA spring shoot and I was
pleased with the results. Only two things annoyed me. The
auto-collapsing hood and that there was no focusing tab. The new 'lux
solves both and may even match the performance of my 35/1.4 Asph. That
is nothing to sneeze at.

I love(d) my Noctilux but the 1m close focus limit is something I was
constantly finding myself fighting. Once or twice is no problem but
constantly means I like to work closer with my 50s. If it isn't fitting
the bill, it has to go.

So take that you digital curmudgeon :-)

John Collier

PS: It is spoken for.