Subject: [Leica] Re: Larry Burrows
From: sdmp007 at pressroom.com (Sal DiMarco,Jr.)
Date: Sat May 29 06:18:13 2004

Luggers,
    Several comments have been made about Larry Burrows, which I think are
in error.
    First of all, when  he first went to Vietnam, he did  film test. He like
the current  Ektachrome film. He felt it captured the colors of Vietnam. He
would have shot the ASA 64 film, and rarely the High Speed Ektachrome
version.
    According to Larry's son, Russell, a lot of the Ektachrome is now faded,
even with the ideal storage conditions of the Time-Life Picture collection,
but there are plenty of  high quality internegatives around.

 To: Daniel Ridings... Sean Callahan is still alive, I hear where he was
working, but I don't remember. If I ever come across any contact
information, I will pass it alone..
Happy Snaps,
Sal

Sal DiMarco, Jr.