Subject: [Leica] Don's PAW 22: something borrowed, something old
From: dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sun May 30 07:04:21 2004

As any parent with children will tell you, the closing weeks of the
school calendar contain many activities.  This week brought end of the
year concerts, honors assemblies, graduation practice, and finals.  The
first image is from the honors assembly.  I was stationed to catch the
grip and grin part of the assembly and kept noticing this possibility.
As it turns out she is a full member of the Atlanta Ballet so it is no
wonder perfection is reached.  So, with admission of blatant theft of
Animal's vision:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album23/legs

The second image this week comes from the end of the year concert.
Unlike most young adults, my daughter's musical group is part of a
larger outreach to inner city children that may not have access to
music, dance, and drama.  Like most performances, the participants need
to get to the performance early which left me some walk about time.
Across the street from the entrance to the concert hall I found this
scene:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album23/courtofappealsversII_001

With a little more walk about time, around the corner, I found this last
image.  Urban environments are so rich in their imagery, smells, and
sounds.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album23/sleeperinalley

All images shot on Neopan 1600.  I was using my M3 and the Jupiter 50mm
F1.5 lens.   The exception is the legs image which is on the 85mm
Jupiter.  It is wonder that Leica survived the Zeiss onslaught of lens
design.

Comments always welcome.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com