Subject: [Leica] Call me crazy, but...
From: feli at creocollective.com (Feli di Giorgio)
Date: Tue Jun 1 19:08:14 2004

...I think I saw Sebastiao Salgado yesterday at the Memorial Day
ceremony in Westwood/Los Angeles. There is a huge military cemetery near
the Federal Building in Westwood and Schwarzenegger was scheduled to
speak, but got delayed in traffic or something.

Here is a pic of the man.
http://www.pdngallery.com/legends/legends10/

He had an unusually large smile and perfect teeth. His press badge was
purposely clipped on backward, so you couldn't read his name. He got a
good chuckle out of a PJ lining WW2 veterans up for a posed shot of a
young fellow thanking them.

The man had 2 analog cameras with him. At least one of them was a Nikon.
Both were manual focus. I took a few shots of him, but had a developer
failure and the neg was destroyed.

So, I'm not sure it was him, since I have only ever seen him on TV or in
pictures, but this fellow sure looked like his spitting image. He
disappeared shortly after they announced that the gov. wasn't going to
make it.

Nuts?

Feli