Subject: [Leica]Leicaflex SL battery
From: robertmeier at usjet.net (robertmeier@usjet.net)
Date: Wed Jun 2 07:59:16 2004

Isaku,

That turns out to be exactly what I have.  I took the battery out of my
Rollei 35S, and it is a Varta 625, which tests OK, as well as works OK in
the Rollei.   And it fits just fine in the SL!  However, it doesn't make the
needle respond.   I used an eraser on both sides and on the terminal inside
the battery compartment, but nothing doing.   The old battery that came with
the camera, which read about .5 volt on my meter, makes the needle appear
and deflect about to the upper mark, so I know the needle is working.  Any
more suggestions?  (BTW, the no-name 625 which I got from www.625.com, both
fits and works in the Rollei.)

Bob