Subject: [Leica] Re: 11x14 or 16x20 enlargements ...
From: ericm at pobox.com (Eric)
Date: Wed Jun 2 17:13:28 2004

Kyle:

>Hey kids -- I need to get a bunch of 11x14 or 16x20 prints from digital
>files for a show I'm having, any suggestions from places people have used? I
>see adorama is doing 11x14's for $4.99 which is, er, economically pretty
>impressive.

I've used both of these:

http://www.mpix.com/productsinfo.aspx

http://www.whcc.com/output_thrifty.html

Just started with White House Custom Color.  The 10x15 prints intrigued me.
:)  Mpix has just started offering "true B&W" prints.  I haven't tried one
of those yet.  10x15 is the largest I've gotten from White House; 16x20 from
Mpix.

Mpix is more convenient.  I can order any quantity I want.  $5 shipping for
the entire order.  Doesn't matter how many of each size.

White House is cheaper and geared toward getting batches.  Either multiple
sizes of one image or the same size(s) of several.  Just as long as each
batch meets the $12 minimum order.  Postage is included in their prices.
You must send them an RGB jpeg already sized to 300 dpi.

I've used Mpix's dry mounting service and am happy with it, as well.  On my
next order, I'm going to try out their "true B&W" prints.  It's hard to beat
either's $2 per 8x10 price.

Mpix is easy...just sign up and upload.  With White House, you start off by
emailing them up to 5 images, they'll make up to 5 test prints and mail them
to you at no cost.  Once you've decided the test prints are good, give them
your credit card, and they'll set up an ftp account for you.  They bill your
credit card on a weekly basis for any print orders you placed that week.

Hope this helps.

--
Eric
http://canid.com/