Subject: [Leica] in memoriam: Sal DiMarco, Jr.
From: pklein at 2alpha.net (Peter Klein)
Date: Mon Jun 14 00:17:16 2004

Sal was the first person I met at an LHSA gathering (Portland, 2002).  I
had arrived after work on Friday when nothing was going on, went to the
dining room to eat, and recognized him from the photos I'd seen on the LUG.
So I went up and said hello.  He immediately made me feel welcome, and
handed me a red LUG pin, which I'm looking at right now.

Despite being a working photojournalist who ran around the globe on
assignment, he still hung out on the LUG, and hosted Leica events in
Philly.  He was always generous with his advice to people at all levels of
photography.  And he told one hell of a good story!

Happy Snaps to you, Sal.  We'll miss you.

--Peter Klein
Seattle, WA