Subject: [Leica] Remembering Sal DiMarco
From: stasys1 at gte.net (Stasys Petravicius)
Date: Tue Jun 15 20:44:19 2004

Hi Luggers- looking thru old papers this afternoon- I came across the
notebook holder from my attendance at the Leica Camera seminar put on by
Park Square Camera in Cape Cod, October 2002.

Leafing thru it I came upon notes that I took during Sal's presentation on
simple accessories and tips while shooting (from his long experience as a
pro) with his Leicas. I recall how practical he was- with simple solutions
to common problems- example- how to tell if your film is going across in the
camera- paint 1/2 of the rewind knob- simple yet obvious solution.

Other items noted were: get a changing bag, have a plastic poncho in your
kit, use a notebook and keep accurate captions, have an exposure guide for
informational purposes, tripod- use it!, in your kit have a flash, p.c.
cord, radio slave, opaque plastic cover over flash-to even out the light,
store camera empty of film,the type of ballhead to use for heavy lenses
(arco swiss monoball head), and a wimberley arm (www.tripodhead.com) etc.,
etc.

He was low key, humorous, and obviously well versed in the business and art
of photography. I would have liked to known him better- I'm sure he would
have related a lot of great and insitefull info and humor and he was a good
storyteller and speaker.

Like many of us- I'll miss Sal. Condolences to his brother, relatives and
friends.

Stasys Petravicius

Replies: Reply from bill at photobynelsch.com (Bill) ([Leica] Remembering Sal DiMarco)