Subject: [Leica] slide scanner/data base
From: mipaine at comcast.net (G. Michael Paine)
Date: Thu Jun 17 07:28:38 2004

I am considering scanning my 49 year's worth of slides. And I would
like to have them in some sort of soft ware which will allow me to
access by various criteria: e.g., name; place; date, etc.
I need assistance in deciding on a scanner. I do not need nor can I
afford a "pro" level scanner, but rather one that will give me a decent
digital image that will allow slide show on my iBook. For better
presentations I can always haul out the projector.

As for the software. I don't even know if such a data base exist, but
would appreciate any help.

Michael
Against stupidity the Gods themselves struggle in vain. /Schiller/

Replies: Reply from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([Leica] slide scanner/data base)
Reply from ahgraves at prodigy.net (Allen Graves) ([Leica] slide scanner/data base)
Reply from gwpics1945 at yahoo.co.uk (Gerry Walden) ([Leica] slide scanner/data base)
Reply from hlritter at mindspring.com (Howard L Ritter, Jr) ([Leica] slide scanner/data base)