Subject: [Leica] WTB: Versalab alignment gauge
From: martin at jangowski.de (Martin Jangowski)
Date: Fri Jun 18 05:35:10 2004

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004, Mark Rabiner wrote:

> Big mistake!!!!
> Try these guys instead!!!
> Great to work with these people. (a married couple)
> Became a parallelist. Get a Zip/align. I'll send you a signet ring.
> It's 100 times more accurate than those crude laser beams.
> I counted.
> http://www.zig-align.com/

I tried both systems and settled with the Versalab. The mirror method may
inherently be more accurate, but the laser is faster and more then good
enough. You can easily see the difference after pushing a piece of normal
paper under one edge of the easel, and that's enough sensitivity for my
mother's son.

Additionally, from time to time I make wall enlargements, and the laser
beam spans several meter easily, if needed. The picture in the set of
mirrors is _very_ small at this distance... and you can easily align a
camera for a lens test with the Versalab, just fasten one of the glass
mirrors over the front lens and put the laser in the middle of your test
chart.

A good investment, I think.

Gr??e aus Hohenlohe,

        Martin Jangowski

| Martin Jangowski                         E-Mail: Martin@Jangowski.de|
|                        Netzwerke und Multimedia                     |
| Voice: +49 7946/940790                         Fax: +49 7946/940791 |
| Snail Mail: Von-Olnhausen Str. 4            74626 Bretzfeld Germany |

Replies: Reply from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([Leica] WTB: Versalab alignment gauge)