Subject: [Leica] Kodachrome processing
From: weiljr at earthlink.net (joe weil)
Date: Sat Jun 19 12:39:59 2004

I will come out of the shadows and give my 0.02$ on this one. I shoot a
fair amount of K64 and send it to Dwayne's Photo Service in Parsons KS.
They are listed on the Kodak web page for Kodachrome processing labs and
are the only other place besides Qualex that processes K-chrome in the US,
as far as I am aware. I send about 2-3 rolls per week and they can get it
back within a week. They don't have mailers (as far as I am aware), but
they have an online order form at www.k14movies.com. If that does not work,
call 1-800-522-3940 and they can tell you what to do. I usually send it
priority mail. I think that it is about 8.50$ per roll (36 exp) plus about
3.00$ shipping. I usually send it on a Monday and recieve slides Tuesday of
the following week.

 I have had one problem (magenta spots on a third of the slides in one
roll) with them and they were very courteous and professional about the
issue. They sent the damaged slides to Kodak to determine what happened and
I even got an email from them explaining what they thought caused it plus a
couple extra rolls of film. I like them alot better than A&I. A&I took
upto 4 weeks to get my slides back. The longest I have ever had to wait
with Dwayne's was 12 days. They know I am an amateur but they don't treat
me like one.
Standard disclaimer for the above: it is my opinion based upon limited
experience. You may not have the same experience or opinion.
Back to the shadows
Joe Weil