Subject: [Leica] Kodachrome 200/ Purple spots on developed slides?
From: weiljr at earthlink.net (joe weil)
Date: Tue Aug 3 08:23:14 2004

Martin,
 I had the same thing happen to me with two rolls of K64. I sent some
sample slides back to Dwayne's Photo and they sent them off to Kodak for
analysis. I will post their response below. I guess you would call it more
of a hypothesis than anything else.  I will say that the spots on my slide
were not regularly patterned so you may have something different to contend
with than I did.
Joe

*****
I got your slides back from Kodak yesterday. They believe the most likely
cause for the purple spots were tiny droplets of photographic bleach getting
on the film just after it left the Magenta developer. Normally the film
would exit the Magenta developer, go into a wash tank and then into the
bleach. Both Kodak and I are at a loss to explain how it might have
happened. We have had no other complains about spots, so it appears that
your rolls were the only one affected. Since the problem has not reoccurred
in any of the film we have processed since, I feel comfortable in calling it
some kind of strange, "one time glitch." Please accept my apologies for the
problems you experienced. I am returning the rest of your slides today.

*******