Subject: [Leica] A 180, a R8, my kid and the greyhounds
From: grduprey at rockwellcollins.com (grduprey@rockwellcollins.com)
Date: Mon Jun 21 11:23:57 2004

Greg

I agree the F3 and MD4 are nice, Until you need to rewind the film.  What a
complicated procedure to rewind the film.  I have a F3 with data back and
MD4 sitting down in the basement collecting dust, well the bag it is in is
collecting dust. ;-)  It is also a very heavy configuration.

Gene

|---------+-------------------------------------------------------->
|         |           "Greg Locke" <locke@straylight.ca>           |
|         |           Sent by:                                     |
|         |           lug-bounces+grduprey=rockwellcollins.com@leic|
|         |           a-users.org                                  |
|         |                                                        |
|         |                                                        |
|         |           06/21/2004 08:15 AM                          |
|         |           Please respond to Leica Users Group          |
|         |                                                        |
|---------+-------------------------------------------------------->

>-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |       To:       "'Leica Users Group'" <lug@leica-users.org>
               |
  |       cc:
               |
  |       Subject:  [Leica] A 180, a R8, my kid and the greyhounds
               |

>-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

It's not often you can clue up 4 threads in one post and one photo. :^)

Unfortunetly I couldn't find the Jensen Interceptor for the background.

I borrowed an R8 to try out the 180 f2  ....and as BD broke the flood gates
open for dog pix  :^)

...I took the 180 and R8 when we took the greyhounds and Hurrican Erinn (my
3.5 yr old daughter) out for a run this weekend.

HEY!  BD, I Showed Tiagh the picture of your MIT girl and it seems he has a
thing for tall, dark French women with curly hair  :^)

http://www.straylight.ca/download.htm

Conclusion?  The R8 is a great camera and I wouldn't mind having one... But
I think I'm going to hold out and look for a R6 or R7 with a drive. The 180
f2 is even better than the Nikkor 200 f2 I used to own.... And THAT was a
great lens.

And just to start another "discussion",  I have never found a better
camera+motor combination than the Nikon F3 and MD4.

I miss them.

:^)

Greg Locke
St. John's, Newfoundland
www.greglocke.com
 ----JUST RELEASED-------
NEWFOUNDLAND ...journey into a lost nation
by Greg Locke and Michael Crummey
McClelland and Stewart
ISBN # 0-7710-6142-0