Subject: [Leica] An alternative Squirrel image
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Mon Jun 21 18:17:56 2004

on 6/21/04 5:46 PM, Don Dory at dorysrus@mindspring.com wrote:

> Doug recently posted one view of a squirrel engaged in typical feeding
> behavior.  Below is a link to what I consider to be a more typical
> behavior of this species.  This species is almost without peer in
> finding a source of food in even the most barren of malls.
> Interestingly enough, I was able to show what was being consumed as well
> so that future biologists will have no doubt about the food supply
> available to this species.
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/On-the-road/squirrel
>
> :)
>
> Don
> dorysrus@mindspring.com

:-)

What I neglected to mention when posting my squirrel photo is that the patch
of poppies surrounding the squirrel was a tiny strip between a sidewalk and
a parking lot.  The narrow angle of view of long lenses comes in really
handy sometimes.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com